Undiscovered Cape Verde – July 16- 31st
Walking Tips –
- For Cape Verde you definitely need a hat with a wide brim and a chin strap to keep it on!
- Shirts with collars for sun protection; a long sleeved thin cotton shirt is more effective than any sun cream.
- Our group was on the older side (!) and most of us were glad of a walking pole on those cobbled paths and steep descents.
- I find in the heat and humidity a large (man’s) handkerchief is essential to mop up the perspiration.
- Obviously boots, thick socks, plenty of water, stomach tablets, ‘Deet’ and plasters – ‘Compeed’ handy if you get a bad blister.
This was a splendid holiday, but not for the faint-hearted – the walking was hard work in the conditions. It was such a small group that we knew we were lucky not to have been cancelled, but we all really appreciated the experience, so, thank you, Ramblers Worldwide Holidays for letting it go ahead!