The vibrant souks, the magnificent Alhambra Palace, Cordoba’s exquisite Mezquita and Madrid’s Palaccio Real are obvious enduring memories of the Moorish Trail for Jill and Roger Skidmore; but here are their Top Ten other memories which will remain with them for just as long.
- The wonderful Islamic tiles on the walls at Marrakech airport
- Haggling for a good taxi price and our delight when we succeeded
- The mobile phone masts disguised as slightly oversized date palms
- The air con which sent so much hot air to our balcony that our washing dried whilst we had dinner (our room was wonderfully cool!)
- The waiter in the beautiful Majorelle Gardens pouring our mint tea from above his head to our cups on the table to cool it
- Seeing Spain from Tangier
- Descending more than 300 steps inside the Casa del Rey Moro, coming out at river level and looking up to the top of the Tajo gorge
- Getting an insight into Moorish life from the video in the well-preserved Arab baths in Ronda
- Watching the Flamenco dancing whilst eating our dessert and relaxing with a drink in a Granada restaurant
- Watching our group change from a group of strangers to a group of friends in the course of 12 days
What a wonderful 12 days!